Pidgin (2.10.7) Chatlogs folder not foud

Poulpette Delamare poulpette.delamare at gmail.com
Sat May 4 04:25:02 PDT 2013

Le 04/05/2013 13:06, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
> On May 4, 2013, at 06:00, Poulpette Delamare wrote:
>
>> I’ve installed Macports to run Pidgin on Mountain Lion, so that I can use my chatlogs on Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu). Everything seems to be OK, but I don’t understand where those chatlogs go. I’ve made a test and I can read previous conversations directly from Pidgin, so that means they’re stored somewhere… but could somebody tell me where, please? I’ve made several researches on the Internet and found nothing about that. I also tried to find some files on my Mac and got the same result: nothing.
> I am not familiar with Pidgin, but I Googled for "where does pidgin save chatlogs" and I found that they should be in the folder ".purple" in your home folder. Items whose names begin with "." are hidden in the Finder, but you can get there by choosing "Go to Folder…" from the Finder's "Go" menu and typing "~/.purple".
>
> If they're not there, another good place to look would be in ~/Library/Application Support.

Well… well well well. Yes, now that you said that, I figure out how
stupid I’ve been.
I’ve only been using Mac OS X for a couple of days now and still don’t
understand everything (how folders are stored, etc.). On Linux, yes, I
knew that Pidgin logs are in "~/.purple" which is really easy to find
(Ctrl+H in the user directory to see hidden files and folders and here
we go… which… doesn’t work on Mac OS), but I just couldn’t find anything
on Mac OS X (I used Spotlight to make several researches). I should have
tried to look for the same path, first, but I just didn’t think about it.

So, yes, apparently, I just have to use the same path. I spent several
ours on that problem and the answer was right under my nose…

Well, anyway, thanks a lot for you answer!

--
Merci de ne pas communiquer mon adresse e-mail sans autorisation.
Envoyer un e-mail collectif sans recourir au champ Cci constitue un traitement automatisé de données à caractère personnel et constitue par conséquent une violation de la loi 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relative à l’informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés.