Pidgin (2.10.7) Chatlogs folder not foud

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 4 04:06:56 PDT 2013

On May 4, 2013, at 06:00, Poulpette Delamare wrote:

> I’ve installed Macports to run Pidgin on Mountain Lion, so that I can use my chatlogs on Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu). Everything seems to be OK, but I don’t understand where those chatlogs go. I’ve made a test and I can read previous conversations directly from Pidgin, so that means they’re stored somewhere… but could somebody tell me where, please? I’ve made several researches on the Internet and found nothing about that. I also tried to find some files on my Mac and got the same result: nothing.

I am not familiar with Pidgin, but I Googled for "where does pidgin save chatlogs" and I found that they should be in the folder ".purple" in your home folder. Items whose names begin with "." are hidden in the Finder, but you can get there by choosing "Go to Folder…" from the Finder's "Go" menu and typing "~/.purple".

If they're not there, another good place to look would be in ~/Library/Application Support.