PHP extensions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 13 17:37:21 PDT 2013

On May 13, 2013, at 18:37, Tim Johnson wrote:

> I'm on OSX 10.7 - and am installing symfony.
>
> Have PHP cli 5.4.14, and php5_module (shared) for Apache.
>
> FYI: I am a web application programmer (CGI) but am new to PHP, et.
> al..
>
> I am getting the following warnings:
>
> linus:symfony_test tim$ php ./app/check.php | grep WARNING

I assume you are using all php54-* ports, and no php-* ports, and that you have used "sudo port select --set php php54" so that "php" will be MacPorts php54.

> WARNING  mb_strlen() should be available

Provided by the php54-mbstring port.

> WARNING  iconv() should be available

Provided by the php54-iconv port.

> WARNING  posix_isatty() should be available

Provided by the php54-posix port.

> WARNING  PDO should have some drivers installed (currently available: none)
>
> Since I believe that the PHP maintainer is on this list, perhaps he
> can recommend the packages that I need.
>
> BTW: I don't quite 'get' the last WARNING, as I have drupal running
> and PDO _is_ working, however, I am unfamiliar with the distinctions
> between php standalone (cli) and php module.

The ports that provide PHP database driver extensions also provide PDO versions of those drivers. Those ports are php54-mssql, php54-mysql, php54-odbc, php54-oracle, php54-postgresql, php54-sqlite.