How to revert to the default autoconf?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 15 18:25:49 PDT 2013

On May 15, 2013, at 19:56, Peng Yu wrote:

> I want to temporarily revert to the default autoconf and other tools
> (e.g., autom4e). Could anybody let me know what is the correct way to
> revert the default without having to uninstall autoconf from macports?

If you mean the version of autoconf provided by Xcode, then I must inform you that Apple no longer includes autoconf in Xcode.

If you are using an older version of Xcode that still included autoconf, and you would like to use its autoconf instead of MacPorts', then you can either specify it by its full path (i.e. /usr/bin/autoconf) or you can temporarily deactivate MacPorts autoconf (i.e. "sudo port -f deactivate autoconf").