Errors from MacPorts SVN tree -- unable to sync

Andrew Todd andrew.todd659 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 10:51:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

In my organization, we synchronize the MacPorts port tree over SVN due to
corporate firewall restrictions that block rsync.

A new user attempting to check out the ports tree for the first time
started reporting this error:

$ svn co http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports

svn: E175002: Server sent unexpected return value (413 Request Entity Too
Large) in response to PROPFIND request for
'/repository/macports/trunk/dports'

I was not able to reproduce this error at first, but now I am getting this
error:

$ svn co http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports
svn: E175002: Server sent unexpected return value (413 Request Entity Too
Large) in response to REPORT request for
'/repository/macports/!svn/vcc/default'

Is there something going on with the SVN server's configuration right now?

Thank you.