Errors from MacPorts SVN tree -- unable to sync

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 31 12:44:42 PDT 2013

On May 31, 2013, at 14:25, Andrew Todd wrote:

> Thank you for checking; I was able to get outside of our corporate network and checkout successfully. I suspect that our corporate transparent HTTP proxy is rejecting these requests based on some internal size limit before they get to your Apache server. Hilariously enough, our "guest" Wifi network does not have the same restriction.

Glad you got it working.

> Oh well, guess it's time to support syncing the tree over Git or something.

We have read-only git mirrors of several parts of the Subversion repository, including trunk, which contains the dports tree; feel free to use them:

http://www.macosforge.org/post/git-mirrors/

As far as I know, "port sync" doesn't understand git checkouts, but if it doesn't, we would accept a patch to make it understand them, and until it does, you could fake it by doing whatever commands one does with git to get it to update the checkout, and then run "portindex" in the dports directory. You could wrap that up in a script and call it instead of "port sync". You could even install a shell alias to intercept "port sync" and have it run the script instead.