libgcc 4.8.1 errors on a fresh install macports for Mavericks (OS X 10.9)

William Capehart wjcapehart at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 05:24:44 PST 2013

Ryan:

On any other day, I¹d concur that this isn¹t something you should try at
home or even at your friends house (even if you don¹t like them).  But
unfortunately commenting out the counterpart lines in ³module.c² in the
macport libgcc area creates more errors and I am unsure as to how to
navigate the problem.  I restored the line in vm_types.h as soon as I had
gcc48 build and it passed my tests for c and fortran including OMP and
MPICH once it was installed.  And after the restoration netcdf, those
tests passed also.  (The big test is ncarg but that¹s an extensive build.)

I have found some very old trouble tickets on an error similar to this
such as this one...

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24541

...but based on the content of the commentary on them I don¹t see any
specific guidance that I can implement.  I am already at the frontiers of
my expertise.

Bill