gcc48/gcc49: isalnum/isgraph: Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 7 13:00:24 PST 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 15:27, Brian D. McGrew wrote:

> I’m getting an undefined symbol for isalnum and isgraph using g++-mp-4.8.

By doing what, specifically?

I can attempt to reproduce the issue on my system for you, but I am not a C or C++ programmer, so assume I know nothing. What should I do to reproduce the issue? For example, you showed some code, but did not say what filename to save it into or what command to then run on the command line to produce the error message. I’ve tried a few things but I’ve received different error messages than you so I won’t bother mentioning what I tried and I’ll wait for you to tell me what I should try.