octave-communications 1.1.1

Marius Schamschula mschamschula at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:04:47 PST 2013

Arturo,

On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Arturo Rinaldi <arty.net2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nella citazione in data Tue Nov  5 21:49:19 2013, Marius Schamschula ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could someone check in the patch for the octave-communications Portfile?
>>
>> See
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/37746/patch-Portfile
>>
>> I just installed this using my local tree.
>>
>> It's only been sitting there for three months...
>>
>> --
>> Marius Schamschula

> I've just installed octave-communications 1.1.1 by using your portfile
>
> $ patch -p0 <patch-Portfile
>
> $ sudo port -v install
>
> on the original Portile file, and altough the component is installed and "active" I still can't use it.....i.e. if i look for the pskmod help i get this error
>
> octave:1> help pskmod
> error: help: 'pskmod' not found
>
> and if i try to use functions of the same package as well. Do I need to set some path or not ?
>
> Regards, Arturo

What does

octave> path

give you?

You should have

/opt/local/share/octave/packages/communications-1.1.1

listed.

If not you can manually add the path using

octave> addpath('/opt/local/share/octave/packages/communications-1.1.1')

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in the internal machinery of building octave-forge packages under MacPorts. Maybe someone else can explain why the path was not automatically added.

--
Marius Schamschula