Web-based Spotlight server search functionality?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu Nov 21 06:14:57 PST 2013

On 11/21/13, 6:38 AM, Tabitha McNerney wrote:
> So my question is, are there any MacPorts that might be useful for, say,
> the ability to search server volumes via a web interface (perhaps an
> Apache module)? I'm still looking around but I haven't found much and
> I'm kind of surprised because it strikes me as a very useful feature.

This could probably be done by setting up a CGI process to run Spotlight
queries using mdfind on the server. CGI is very old-school, but I use it
as the back end for a couple of iPhone apps I've developed, and it works
just fine. For CGI, you can use Perl, Python, or even shell, I
believe--whatever you are most comfortable with.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin