xulrunner +universal variant

sarvi sarvi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 13:07:30 PDT 2013

Thanks for the response.

I am getting an error trying to install -universal as below

localhost:build sarvi$ sudo port install xulrunner -universal
--->  Computing dependencies for xulrunner
Error: Cannot install xulrunner for the arch(s) 'i386' because
Error: its dependency nss does not build for the required arch(s) by default
Error: and does not have a universal variant.
Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
localhost:build sarvi$

I currently have a whole set of stuff defined as +universal

Can I mix universal and -universal in a port installation?

If I have to redo the installation with -universal is there a way to take a
snapshot of the current install and reproduce it again?

Thx,
Sarvi