xulrunner +universal variant

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 16 00:01:40 PDT 2013

On Oct 16, 2013, at 01:02, sarvi <sarvi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> xul runner happens to be the only way to run pyjamas desktop
> http://pyjs.org/
>
> It needs a python API to control all of the dom elements in the browser
> engine.
>
> The other option pythonwebkit
> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/pythonwebkit.git
> doesn't have a port nor builds from source on the mac.
>
> So I left with figuring out how to get xulrunner on mac.

To get the current xulrunner port to build, you'll need to change build_arch to i386 in macports.conf. However you should not do that if you already installed ports.

You could set up a separate MacPorts prefix (install MacPorts from source, configure --prefix=/somewhere/else) in which you set build_arch to i386 and install just xulrunner (and its dependencies) there.

If you have time and inclination you could try to update the port to version 24.0. Possibly that version works 64-bit which would eliminate the need for these workarounds. If you update the port please contribute your patch.

Eh, however I see pyjs needs xulrunner 9 or earlier. Still, you could try to update the xulrunner port to version 9. Or you could help the developers of pyjs support xulrunner 24.