Setting up a new Mavericks machine

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Thu Oct 24 03:52:09 PDT 2013

Hi

I'm in the process of setting up a new Mavericks machine and in
looking through the installation instructions and looking through the
MavericksProblems wiki page and I noticed it says:

"Ensure you have at least the command line tools installed by running
xcode-select --install from a Terminal. Make sure to also run this
even if you have Xcode installed, because you will otherwise see an
error message about MacPorts not being able to find Tcl."

However running "xcode-select --install" results in an error that states:

"Can't install the software because it is not currently available from
the Software Update Server."

Ideas?

Cheers

Adam