Question about a part of tex-live

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Oct 25 11:05:38 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-25 17:41, Comer Duncan wrote:
> I have recently noted that I need to add revtex4.1 to the tex-live
> distribution I installed from macports.  Does anyone know how I can do
> this? I am afraid that if I just copy the revtex4.1 distribution to
> /opt/local/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex I may well screw up by not
> making the permissions right and not appropriately adding revtex4.1 to
> the database.

I strongly advise against making any changes to /opt/local manually.

In your case, check this list of TeX Live Packages available in MacPorts
and search for revtex:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/TeXLivePackages

So, revtex and revtex4 are actually available in TeX Live and are
provided by the port texlive-publishers. Just use the following command
to install the port and you should be done:

  sudo port install texlive-publishers

If you would need a TeX package that is not available in TeX Live or you
need a newer version than what is packaged in MacPorts, install it to
your home directory at ~/texmf (TEXMFHOME) instead.

Rainer