Question about a part of tex-live

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Sat Oct 26 00:35:03 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 08:05:38PM +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:
> If you would need a TeX package that is not available in TeX Live or you
> need a newer version than what is packaged in MacPorts, install it to
> your home directory at ~/texmf (TEXMFHOME) instead.

/opt/local/share/texmf-local is also reserved for user-installed
tex packages.

(I've wondered if we ought to use /usr/local/share/texmf for that instead,
but left it this way for backward-compatibility. There may also still
be a couple ports that install into texmf-local, although they
shouldn't.)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/