Refresher on gcc port and the executables

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Wed Sep 11 07:18:25 PDT 2013

On Sep 11, 2013, at 6:22 AM, Tabitha McNerney <tabithamc at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's preventing Apple from having a third party independent audit of their developer tools (which MacPorts depends on, and the rest of the world also depends on for a wide range of apps either for OS X or iOS)? Seriously, how hard would this be and I can't imagine it being a terrible expense to Apple to do this and show the world that its compilers are trojan free.

What's preventing them from doing it? Probably nothing. I can't imagine that there's very much proprietary code involved; the Apple LLVM Compiler is basically Clang.

Why aren't they doing it? Because no one is clamoring for it. From a practical perspective, why waste time and money on something no one's asking for?

vq