OS X: Go to the folder: can't be found

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 17:13:20 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> And then the final slap in the face: After I've done all that, I can then
> press Command-G again, then Command-V, then Return, and it finds the
> logfile with no problem. I'm baffled. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong; that sounds like Aqua's path
management is interpreting the underscores somehow, and only after it's
opened and scanned the containing folder does it recognize that they should
be literal. And all I can think of for interpretation is that it thinks
it's looking for a resource fork or something weird like that. (Maybe Apple
has something like NTFS streams going on somewhere in the filesystem code?)