alt key in kde4-kile

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:47:51 PDT 2013

On 24/09/2013, at 11:56 PM, Markus Perling wrote:
> I am using macports under Mac OS 10.7.5 and have installed
> kde4-kile from the latest ports tree. Unfortunately, I cannot
> reach some of the special symbols, as the corresponding alt+key
> combination seems to be bound to a command. E.g. on my (German)
> keyboard, I have to type alt+8 for "{", but according to the
> log window, pstopdf is invoked instead. Is there any way to
> change this behaviour?

Most, if not all, KDE apps have a Settings->Configure Shortcuts… menu
item, in which you can bind keys to actions however you like.  This is
additional to the <appname>->Preferences where Apple OS X puts
the major settings.

On a full Linux/KDE system, I think a German keyboard would be
automatically configured at Linux/KDE installation time.  So maybe
have a look at a friend's Linux system to get ideas.

Cheers, Ian W.