building a (gcc) cross-compiler

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 10:19:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'd be very interested in having a cross-compiler for x86_64-elf-linux-gnu on OS X. Since there's no such cross-compiler in MacPorts, I'm trying to build one myself, following these instructions: http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler#The_Build

This gave me a working binutils install, but when I continue following the instructions (just adding support for a few more languages), the build process fails in

> build/genhooks -d ../../gcc-4.8-4.8.2/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/doc/tm.texi.in > tmp-tm.texi
genhooks: No place specified to document hook TARGET_ASM_OPEN_PAREN

I could do without building the documentation, but found no option to opt for that solution.

Any ideas from the people who maintain the few gcc cross-compiling ports in MacPorts?

R.