building a (gcc) cross-compiler

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Sun Apr 6 14:48:23 PDT 2014

You can try looking at the cross-gcc PortGroup:
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/crossgcc-1.0.tcl

(There is a cross-binutils PortGroup as well)

As far as your specific build error goes, it looks like it is due to
texinfo. Have you tried using texinfo4 instead to see if this is a
texinfo4-vs-texinfo5 incompatibility? See the wiki page on installing an
older port for how to do that:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

(of course it would be easier to test that if we had separate texinfo4 and
texinfo5 ports that were both currently available in trunk, but it looks
like that will not be happening...)