installed tree on Mavericks 10.9.2

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Apr 23 11:16:26 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:

> Now that tree apparently is installed, how do I run it, where is the executable?

The executable is probably installed at /opt/local/bin/tree
You can check for sure using "port contents tree"

> Is there something I am missing in setting up to be able to run the MacPorts installed programs?

I'm guessing that you didn't realize that "tree" is a command line
utility, as is most of the software provided by MacPorts, though there
are some graphical wares.

"tree" and the "port" command that I listed above can be run from Terminal.app.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448