installed tree on Mavericks 10.9.2

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 12:07:21 PDT 2014

I did realized that tree was a command line utility, that was why I wanted it.

After installing it, tree was still not working from command line. At some later time, it magically started working.
Perhaps I had quit Terminal and restarted at some point, I don’t recall.

Shouldn’t the install process ensure the utility is in working state or does a person always have to quit terminal and restart, or perhaps open a new Terminal window?

What is the accepted procedure?

What is the best macports gui front end?

> port contents tree
results in:
Port tree contains:
  /opt/local/bin/tree