Question on glade/gtksourceview support

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:22:54 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM, David Duke <D.J.Duke at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> Looking around, I found few relevant posts, one (on an ubuntu forum -
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/325637/gtksourceview-in-glade-and-c)
> hinted at the need for the -dev version of libgtksourceview-3.0 which
> doesn't appear to be installed by any port / variant.  FWIW, I'm

This is completely spurious; "dev" packages apply to Red Hat-derived and
Debian-derived Linux only. You won't find them on Arch Linux, FreeBSD,
MacPorts, etc. The regular port installs all development files, not just
runtime.

Since it's looking for sourceview2, a gtksourceview3 port won't supply it.
Beyond that, I can't say; possibly our gtksourceview port does not install
the Glade UI catalog by default in order to avoid dragging in an otherwise
unnecessary glade dependency (and if so, possibly this could be addressed
by a variant).