Question on glade/gtksourceview support

David Duke D.J.Duke at leeds.ac.uk
Sun Apr 27 11:48:00 PDT 2014

I'm trying to use the Macports port for glade3 to edit a GTK .ui file where the interface uses gtksourceview2.  Unfortunately, glade-3 reports

   Failed to load ... .ui
   The following required catalogues are unavailable: sourceview2

I've already tried various combinations of GTK-related ports, currently

  gtk3 @3.12.0_0+universal+x11 (active)
  gtkglext @1.2.0_9+universal (active)
  gtkmm3 @3.12.0_0+universal+x11 (active)
  gtksourceview2 @2.10.5_7+universal (active)
  gtksourceview3 @3.12.1_0+universal (active)
  gtksourceviewmm2 @2.10.3_1+universal (active)
  gtksourceviewmm3 @3.2.0_1+universal (active)

Looking around, I found few relevant posts, one (on an ubuntu forum - http://askubuntu.com/questions/325637/gtksourceview-in-glade-and-c) hinted at the need for the -dev version of libgtksourceview-3.0 which doesn't appear to be installed by any port / variant.  FWIW, I'm running OSX 10.7.5 on an Air.

Has anyone successfully used port to install & run glade3 and access gtksourceview2?  If so, could you confirm the port(s) needed?  Otherwise, any insight into whether gtksourceview2 should be accessible - or not - would be helpful.  Depending on answers I'll try to follow up with the relevant port maintainer(s).

thanks,
David.