Blocked from cleaning packages due to h5pcc

Matt Thompson fortran at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:58:22 PDT 2014

All,

I'm hoping you can help me with an issue. I have a script I run every so
often that does a selfupdate, upgrade outdated, clean --all installed, and
uninstall inactive as sort of a "combo" when I'm feeling lazy and all seems
to be working well. However, I seem to be having an issue with the cleaning:

$ sudo port clean --all installed
--->  Cleaning antlr
--->  Cleaning apr
--->  Cleaning apr-util
--->  Cleaning aquaterm
--->  Cleaning autoconf
--->  Cleaning automake
--->  Cleaning bash
--->  Cleaning bash-completion
--->  Cleaning bdftopcf
--->  Cleaning bison
--->  Cleaning bzip2
--->  Cleaning cairo
--->  Cleaning cctools
--->  Cleaning cctools-headers
Error: /opt/local/bin/h5pcc not found. Install hdf5 with an mpi variant
Error: Unable to open port:

Now...I'm a bit confused as to what is causing the error. According to what
I have installed, the next package is cdo:

$ sudo port installed
  antlr @2.7.7_1 (active)
  apr @1.5.1_0 (active)
  apr-util @1.5.3_0 (active)
  aquaterm @1.1.1_0 (active)
  autoconf @2.69_2 (active)
  automake @1.14.1_2 (active)
  bash @4.3.18_0 (active)
  bash-completion @2.1_8 (active)
  bdftopcf @1.0.4_0 (active)
  bison @2.7.1_0 (active)
  bzip2 @1.0.6_0 (active)
  cairo @1.12.16_2+x11 (active)
  cctools @855_1+llvm33 (active)
  cctools-headers @855_0 (active)
  cdo @1.6.3_1+grib_api+openmpi+szip (active)
  cloog @0.18.2_0 (active)

Okay, so let's try just cleaning that:

$ sudo port clean --all cdo
--->  Cleaning cdo

Maybe cloog:

$ sudo port clean --all cloog
--->  Cleaning cloog

So I'm just stumped. Why can't a "port clean --all installed" work, but the
individual clean *can* work?

Thanks,
Matt

--
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you
 get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy,