Blocked from cleaning packages due to h5pcc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 15 17:10:24 PDT 2014

On Aug 15, 2014, at 5:58 PM, Matt Thompson wrote:

> I'm hoping you can help me with an issue. I have a script I run every so often that does a selfupdate, upgrade outdated, clean --all installed, and uninstall inactive as sort of a "combo" when I'm feeling lazy and all seems to be working well. However, I seem to be having an issue with the cleaning:
>
> $ sudo port clean --all installed
> --->  Cleaning antlr
> --->  Cleaning apr
> --->  Cleaning apr-util
> --->  Cleaning aquaterm
> --->  Cleaning autoconf
> --->  Cleaning automake
> --->  Cleaning bash
> --->  Cleaning bash-completion
> --->  Cleaning bdftopcf
> --->  Cleaning bison
> --->  Cleaning bzip2
> --->  Cleaning cairo
> --->  Cleaning cctools
> --->  Cleaning cctools-headers
> Error: /opt/local/bin/h5pcc not found. Install hdf5 with an mpi variant
> Error: Unable to open port:
>
> Now...I'm a bit confused as to what is causing the error. According to what I have installed, the next package is cdo:
>
> $ sudo port installed
> The following ports are currently installed:
>   antlr @2.7.7_1 (active)
>   apr @1.5.1_0 (active)
>   apr-util @1.5.3_0 (active)
>   aquaterm @1.1.1_0 (active)
>   autoconf @2.69_2 (active)
>   automake @1.14.1_2 (active)
>   bash @4.3.18_0 (active)
>   bash-completion @2.1_8 (active)
>   bdftopcf @1.0.4_0 (active)
>   bison @2.7.1_0 (active)
>   bzip2 @1.0.6_0 (active)
>   cairo @1.12.16_2+x11 (active)
>   cctools @855_1+llvm33 (active)
>   cctools-headers @855_0 (active)
>   cdo @1.6.3_1+grib_api+openmpi+szip (active)
>   cloog @0.18.2_0 (active)
>
> Okay, so let's try just cleaning that:
>
> $ sudo port clean --all cdo
> --->  Cleaning cdo
>
> Maybe cloog:
>
> $ sudo port clean --all cloog
> --->  Cleaning cloog
>
> So I'm just stumped. Why can't a "port clean --all installed" work, but the individual clean *can* work?

The "installed" pseudoport expands to the list of ports you have installed. That includes the specific variants you've selected.

$ sudo port clean cdo
--->  Cleaning cdo
$ sudo port clean cdo +grib_api +openmpi +szip
Error: /opt/local/bin/h5pcc not found. Install hdf5 with an mpi variant
Error: Unable to open port:

Certainly, ports should not print errors when cleaning. This is a bug in the cdo port.