Portfiles with fetch.type git ... can one add arguments to git?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 12:15:50 PDT 2014

On Aug 16, 2014, at 20:39, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> No, just a normal /path/like/this. A file:///path/like/this will work, but Git will revert to using its usual transport — which would still be faster than network fetching, but you'd lose hardlinking. (There are use cases for this, but yours isn't one of them.)

What's this about hardlinking, btw? I just followed your instructions, and my files in the working copy do not appear to be hardlinks to the ones in my local git clone. And gladly so, in principle I wouldn't want MacPort's patches to be applied to that local clone (so that I won't have to undo them before syncing with the remote repo) ...