Portfiles with fetch.type git ... can one add arguments to git?

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sat Aug 16 12:18:26 PDT 2014

> On Aug 16, 2014, at 2:53 PM, "René J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, that's an accurate representation of development practice ... with the version typically being "the next version towards which we're working".
> I'd never expect such "daily ports" to appear in MacPorts, but for personal stuff they might be nice as portfiles automate the whole procedure one would otherwise have to do by hand. Or write a script for from scratch.

Ah, I assumed you were going to submit them to MacPorts. Otherwise, you can certainly clear ${git.branch},  which will make MacPorts fetch a shallow commit history and check out the remote's HEAD.

I still think using a local repo is better, as it's faster and easier to work into a development workflow. For instance, you don't have to create MacPorts-specific patches for local commits that haven't been pushed to the remote yet.

vq
Sent from my iPhone