libgcc update ... to 4.9?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:00:50 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2014, at 4:05 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>
> > In fact, is there a way to get those installed manually, should `port`
> not pick them up for whatever reason? For ports that take as long to build
> as gcc or libgcc, replacing the build time with a bit of terminal exercise
> is still an immense gain of time.
>
> There are several reasons why MacPorts would not attempt to download a
> binary:

So, for what it's worth,  just did a selfupdate and upgrade outated.

It built libgcc from source, without even checking for an archive. I do not
force source builds or use nonstandard prefixes, and in fact I do get many
things from archives. This makes me think license or etc. may be incorrect,
or at least suboptimal.