Macports GIMP: cannot open file from contextual menu.

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Aug 25 14:59:25 PDT 2014

Hi Enoko,

On 25 Aug 2014, at 23:44 , Eneko Gotzon <enekogotzon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to open an image file from the contextual menu of the Finder frequently fails; sometimes this message is shown The application “GIMP.app” can't be opened. -600.

Same for me, but only if gimp.app is already opened!
If you close the app (even including XQuartz.app) and retry, you’ll get the image opened in a new session.

But finder integration is probably a complicated thing here, as gimp.app is an XQuartz application…

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Also an XQuartz-update message box might block the start of gimp.app and thus also stop the displaying of the image.