Macports GIMP: cannot open file from contextual menu.

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Aug 25 21:03:24 PDT 2014

On 8/25/14 2:44 PM, Eneko Gotzon wrote:
> Sorry if my question is not relevant –in that case, just forgot it.
>
>   * Mavericks.
>   * The GIMP installed using MacPorts.
>   * All software updated.
>
> Trying to open an image file from the contextual menu of the Finder
> frequently fails; sometimes this message is shown /The application
> “GIMP.app” can't be opened. -600/.
>
> Nothing found on the Internet. Any advice? Thank you.
> --
> Eneko Gotzon Ares

Yes, please file a ticket with a slightly more precise discussion of the
issue.  That is, which ports have been installed (gimp, gimp2,
gimp-app?) and which variants were used (+x11 or +quartz in particular)
but be specific so that I can reproduce the same environment for
testing.  Including the output of the command

port installed gimp*

is probably the easiest way to express this.  GIMP 2.8.12 has just been
released and I will gladly incorporate your input into my pre-commit
testing.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dave Evans