Error: llvm-3.1 is not supported on Mavericks or later.

David Nicholls david.nicholls at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 29 04:18:46 PDT 2014

I found a solution online: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41116

I had not read all the way to the bottom of the migration instructions: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

So I'm winding back the old macports using time machine before doing the job properly.  The upgrade seems like a rather complicated process (more so than last time I did it, I seem to recall), but I guess it's what needs to be done.

DN

On 29 Aug 2014, at 9:07 pm, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> For what I know, they all also have variants that depend on the current llvm version.
>
> If you followed the upgrade instructions, you have a list with ports: check therein which ports request a +llvm31 variant, and replace that with a more appropriate version/variant. After installing those, which will pull in the required dependencies, you can uninstall the now inactive llvm31 variants.
>

> On Aug 29, 2014, at 12:59, David Nicholls wrote:
>
>> Doing a macports install after upgrading to Mavericks, and the above error is reported.
>>
>> Since quite a lot of important stuff depends on this, how do I work around it?
>>
>> DN

David Nicholls
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics
Mt Stromlo Observatory
Institute for Advanced Studies
Australian National University