You have a new notification from avijitshee88 at gmail.com. View?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 1 01:17:21 PST 2014

On Dec 1, 2014, at 2:36 AM, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:

> Um, the two addresses
>
>    "avijitshee88 at gmail.com" <info at info-emailer.com>
>
> (spammer) and
>
>    avijitshee88 at gmail.com
>
> (not spammer) are not the same.

Until you mentioned it, I was not aware that the second address you mentioned was involved in this issue. I have not seen the original message, and the copy in our archives does not show the full headers. It only shows the first address.

The second address you mentioned is not subscribed to the MacPorts lists. The first is.

Upon further investigation, info-emailer / flipora / flip / infoaxe appears to be a phishing site. Clicking on a link in their email apparently causes them to have access to your gmail account, which it then uses to spam your contacts:

http://geeksofgotham.com/2012/01/23/flipora-flip-infoaxe-spam/