kgraphviewer fails to build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 5 20:00:10 PST 2014

On Dec 5, 2014, at 5:33 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I just noticed that kgraphviewer fails to build, because it cannot find a graphviz library. Yet I have graphviz installed:
>
> #> port installed "*graphviz*" gvedit
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  graphviz @2.38.0_0+pangocairo+universal+x11 (active)
>  graphviz-gui @2.38.0_0 (active)
>  gvedit @2.38.0_0 (active)
>

> Is this a bug, or is something wrong with/missing from my graphviz installs?

The error is:

package 'libgraph' not found

libgraph was the old graphviz library, retired quite awhile ago now in favor of the libcgraph library. libgraph was deprecated in graphviz 2.30.0 in January 2013 and removed in graphviz 2.36.0 in January 2014. kgraphviewer will have to be rewritten to use libcgraph instead. Did you already check if a newer version of kgraphviewer exists with this change already made?