2.3.3 build on Linux: results from `make test` (errors)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 6 11:58:42 PST 2014

On Dec 6, 2014, at 3:07 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I'm attaching the output from `make test` after a `make install`, FYI.

> ==== mportinfo Mport info uni test. FAILED
> ==== Contents of test case:
>
>     set res [mportinfo $mport]
>     if {[lindex $res 2] != "canonical_active_variants"} {
>         return "FAIL: cannot get ::PortInfo"
>     }
>     return "Mport info successful."
>
> ---- Result was:
> FAIL: cannot get ::PortInfo
> ---- Result should have been (exact matching):
> Mport info successful.
> ==== mportinfo FAILED

I'm not sure what this test is doing or why it's failing.

> ==== _is_valid_developer_dir Check valid dev dir unit test. FAILED
> ==== Contents of test case:
>
>     set macports::set_developer /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
>     if {[macports::_is_valid_developer_dir $macports::developer_dir] != 1} {
>        return "FAIL: valid dir not detected"
>     }
>     return "Valid dev dir successful."
>
> ---- Result was:
> FAIL: valid dir not detected
> ---- Result should have been (exact matching):
> Valid dev dir successful.
> ==== _is_valid_developer_dir FAILED

Understandable on non-OS X systems. Can we mark this test so that it runs only on OS X?

> --->  Fetching port http://packages.macports.org/fondu/fondu-060102_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2
>

> ==== fetch_port Fetch port unit test. FAILED
> ==== Contents of test case:
>
>     set url http://packages.macports.org/fondu/fondu-060102_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2
>     set res [macports::fetch_port $url]
>     if {$res != "${pwd}/portdbpath/portdirs/fondu-060102_1"} {
> 	return "FAIL: cannot fetch port"
>     }
>     return "Fetch port successful."
>
> ---- Result was:
> FAIL: cannot fetch port
> ---- Result should have been (exact matching):
> Fetch port successful.
> ==== fetch_port FAILED

Fetching this file works for me, from a server in Germany that I have access to.

It does not work for me from home in Texas however, because I cannot reach the packages.macports.org server, and haven't been able to for weeks. There seems to be a problem accessing that server from some networks. Shree hasn't been able to figure it out.