"concurrent" qt4-mac: request feedback & testing for current port phase in Portfile?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Dec 10 17:44:14 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014, at 04:03 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday December 10 2014 15:50:59 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> > On Dec 10, 2014, at 2:27 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > <patches_welcome>
> >
> > You're welcome to try to rework the Qt ports so that they can be installed concurrently. As far as I know, the maintainers simply don't have much time these days to devote to the ports' development. I'm sure they'd appreciate any help.
> >
> > </patches_welcome>
>
> Guess why I started out doing what I'm doing? I'll stick to using a
> variant for now, so that it's easier to go back to the "normal" version.
>
> But me too I'd appreciate help where needed, esp. from the people who
> know these ports best (which would be the maintainers, I guess)!

I always appreciate help with qt4-mac ;)  I haven't had time to look
into your changes, but if you/we can find a good way to do whatever it
is you're trying to do, I'm all for it!  Hopefully I'll find some time
to review your changes in the coming week (no promises; Larry put it
quite well that I simply don't have much "pro bono" time these days; I
do what I can, but I know I have a lot of qt4 and other tickets sitting
there waiting; sigh). - MLD