MacPorts clang performance (and arm_runtime)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sat Dec 20 13:24:27 PST 2014

On Dec 20, 2014, at 4:11 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, what about configurations like mine that are missing that (for me useless) SDK because I removed it (or never installed it voluntarily)?

As I said, the variant would be forcibly disabled if the iOS SDK is absent (as reported by `xcrun` or `xcodebuild`).

> I might be able to hunt down some exchange I had on here about the arm runtime, but it's been quite a while that I had clang-3.4+analyzer installed on my 10.6.8 set-up; I really cannot remember what kind of issues I had with the arm stuff being present.

The compiler-rt build system previously used a dummy SDK; perhaps it tried to build the ARM slices erroneously. It was recently revised to require real SDKs, so the ARM bits are not selected if there's no iOS SDK.

vq