virtualbox on Yosemite

Kastus Shchuka macports at tprfct.net
Wed Dec 24 00:02:10 PST 2014

Hi,

I just upgraded from ML to Yosemite and was reinstalling my ports. I had virtualbox at 4.2.16_0+vde2+vnc on ML working fine but I am not able to install it on Yosemite. Building virtualbox on Yosemite pulls in these dependencies:

--->  Dependencies to be installed: LibVNCServer jpeg libpng apple-gcc42 cctools cctools-headers llvm-3.5 libcxx llvm_select ld64 curl libidl libsdl xorg-libXext xorg-libX11 xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-xproto xorg-libXdmcp xorg-libxcb python27 db48 db_select python_select sqlite3 xorg-libpthread-stubs xorg-xcb-proto xorg-xextproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto xrender xorg-renderproto pkgconfig qt4-mac dbus libmng lcms tiff vde2 autoconf m4 automake libtool

and then fails on apple-gcc42:

Error: apple-gcc42 is not supported on Yosemite or later.

Then I remembered about the ticket https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41392 which I guess still stands for Yosemite.

Do I understand it correctly that at the moment virtualbox port is not available on Yosemite?

Thanks,

Kastus