Swarm on OS X 10.9

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 6 20:13:24 PST 2014

On Feb 6, 2014, at 20:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> swarm fails to build on all four build slaves (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard). Perhaps there is an undeclared dependency that I already have installed on my system. I’ll compare the logs.

Something in the build script src/defobj/make-h2x doesn’t like OS X’s BSD sed. (There are a lot of regular expressions in there and I haven’t tried to analyze them to see which of them is using a GNU-sed-specific syntax.) Adding a dependency on GNU sed fixes the build failure.

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/116778

It now succeeds on the Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion build slaves. It still fails on the Mavericks build slave, but presumably only because Java has not been installed on it.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/42396