help ...

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Feb 10 19:07:34 PST 2014

Hi

A very long story in 3 lines

I really really don't like mavericks ... so
I reinstalled snow leopard but xcode failed to install 'Unknown error ..."
The googled fixes did not work, but that with support and deep black magic and xcode installed

but now ...

haycorn:DMG jam$ /opt/local/bin/gnome-terminal
Error constructing proxy for org.gnome.Terminal:/org/gnome/Terminal/Factory0: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.Terminal: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process /opt/local/libexec/gnome-terminal-server exited with status 1

(gnome-terminal:37732): GLib-WARNING **: poll(2) failed due to: Bad file descriptor

Can someone wiser than I say words of wisdom?

Thanks
James

PS wunz-upon-a-time everything DID work, meanwhile upgrade to mavericks, wipe disk, reinstall snow leopard, reinstall live (again)