upgrading MacPorts after updating from 10.6 to 10.9 - missing gnutar?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:53:56 PST 2014

On Feb 19, 2014, at 15:37, Clemens Lang wrote:
this will not work. That's why I suggested using `sudo port -f selfupdate`, which skips the version check and forces the rebuild, but I now realize this might not have triggered a re-configure either.

> I guess the selfupdate action should check whether current base has been built on an older OS and trigger the rebuild if it was. I know we recently added a field for the OS version when base was built, but I'm not sure we already trigger selfupdate on OS version mismatch.

In the end it must have come through. I've configured MacPorts to run & install as a normal user (meaning I did the selfupdate without sudo, clearly that wasn't the best idea), and I also had to move a couple of older gnutar variants out of the path. Things are building now, I suppose using the system tar command. We'll see how far the process goes!
Thanks for the suggestions in any case!

R.