problem with install of gmt

Robert Broome robert.broome at softhome.net
Tue Feb 25 14:25:16 PST 2014

I am trying to install gmt5 and find a problem with an obsolete dependancy.
I installed gshhg-gmt as a separate macport install. It installed correctly. That didn’t help. Apparently the install script is still trying to install the obsolete gshhg-gmt-nc4 instead of the new gshhg-gmt.

I am still waiting for my confirming TRAC email, I hope this shortcut will find favor with the maintainers….

I get the following:
sudo port install gmt5
--->  Computing dependencies for gmt5
--->  Dependencies to be installed: gshhg-gmt-nc4
--->  Configuring gshhg-gmt-nc4
Error: gshhg-gmt-nc4 has been made obsolete by the port gshhg-gmt. Please install gshhg-gmt instead.
Error: org.macports.configure for port gshhg-gmt-nc4 returned: obsolete port
Error: Failed to install gshhg-gmt-nc4
Please see the log file for port gshhg-gmt-nc4 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_science_gshhg-gmt-nc4/gshhg-gmt-nc4/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: gshhg-gmt-nc4
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port gmt5 failed

The main.log file says;
version:1
:debug:main changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
:debug:main egid changed to: 501
:debug:main euid changed to: 503
:debug:main Executing org.macports.main (gshhg-gmt-nc4)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.archivefetch (gshhg-gmt-nc4)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (gshhg-gmt-nc4)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (gshhg-gmt-nc4)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.extract (gshhg-gmt-nc4)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.patch (gshhg-gmt-nc4)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:configure configure phase started at Tue Feb 25 16:15:27 CST 2014
:notice:configure --->  Configuring gshhg-gmt-nc4
:debug:configure Using compiler 'Xcode Clang'
:debug:configure Executing proc-pre-org.macports.configure-configure-0
:error:configure gshhg-gmt-nc4 has been made obsolete by the port gshhg-gmt. Please install gshhg-gmt instead.
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port gshhg-gmt-nc4 returned: obsolete port
:debug:configure Error code: NONE
:debug:configure Backtrace: obsolete port
    while executing
"$pre $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: targets not executed for gshhg-gmt-nc4: org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:error:configure Failed to install gshhg-gmt-nc4
:debug:configure couldn't open "/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/tclIndex": no such file or directory
    while executing
"open [file join $dir tclIndex]"
:notice:configure Please see the log file for port gshhg-gmt-nc4 for details: