llvm-3.5 on 10.7.5

Alexey Luchko soulne4ny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 02:30:00 PST 2014

Thanks for the explanation, folks!

As far as I can get, pre-10.9 / XCode pre-5 is not longer available
for download.

Probably port info should state a requirement of osx 10.9 or at least
the error message itself, or provide a link the the FAQ :)

> Error: llvm-3.5 requires a C++11 runtime, which your configuration does not allow

Just the message makes me ask "what a configuration does it refer?"
Then one needs to open a port file and look for the message and then
ask here :)

Do I understand correctly, that it is possible to build the llvm/clang
3.5. But it requires proper libstdc++. What else does the C++11
ecosystem include?
And the built code will require the C++11 ecosystem.  Probably, static
builds are a solution, aren't they?

--
Regards,
Alex