of KDE's kcookiejar and kded4 failing to launch automatically

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:52:15 PDT 2014

On Jul 02, 2014, at 05:25, Ian Wadham wrote:

> Please feel free to join us on kde-mac as Marko has suggested.  Maybe you
> would like to skim the recent archives there and on kde-devel [1] and [2].
> What Boudewijn Rempt, a seasoned KDE developer, has to say is rather
> interesting.

Lots of things that feel way over my head ... or that'd be just that if I jumped into the Qt+KDE ocean (I'm not exactly a seasoned C++ dev and hardly familiar with both APIs) :)

I noticed you're looking into the fact that so many dialogs open behind the calling window. Wouldn't that be because the apps that open them are opened through your standard Unix/Posix calls like system() or execXX()? Case in point: if you launch an application like

> /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/konqueror.app/Contents/MacOS/konqueror

it will indeed open behind the terminal window in which you just typed that command. I'm not sure if the Cocoa functions for launching commands (in the NSTask) would accept arguments or pass arguments that are not files.

R.