cmake portgroup RelWithDebInfo variant?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:29:37 PDT 2014

On Jul 28, 2014, at 18:52, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

>> - can one have local portgroup definitions/overrides?
>
> I wouldn't know what speaks against that.

Neither do I, nor do I know how to go about them. Add a registry directory under the directory that holds my local port files?

>> but that's not the most satisfying name I ever came up with ...
>
> I think no* variant names should be avoided, replacing them with the appropriate
> base name (in this case strip) and making them the default.

Except that would probably cause problems with all ports currently installed without that implicit-gone-explicit variant, plus I'm not sure that without nostrip build results are always being stripped. In other words, the actual no-stripping effect of that personal variant is to take a step to avoid that stripping takes place. OTOH, +relwithdebinfo seems a bit long/heavy for a variant name. +reldep? +debopt? +devel (as it's something more of interest to developers than endusers)?