Questions about MediWiki port

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Thu Jul 31 12:25:29 PDT 2014

I just started to play with OSX Server and Apple's "WiKi" implementation .

From what I have been able discover Apple wrote their WiKi in Ruby from the ground up.
Consequently, it bears zero resemblance to MediaWIki.

The MediaWiki installation instructions for OSX are antiquated.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Mac_OS_X

That being the case, I have a couple of questions about the MediaWiki implementation under MacPorts.

1- How does the MacPorts installation of MediaWiki integrate with OSX Server under Maverick -- OSX 10.9.4 and Server 3.1.2. (anybody tried it with Yosemite yet?)

2- Does the MediaWiki port integrate with ImageMagick or GD?

3- The port listed in the portfiles web-page was version 1.17.0  last updated "7 months ago"
The current version of MediaWiki (just released  7/30) is either 1.23.2 or 1.22.9  -- apparently the intervening releases were security releases.

Anybody else working with MediaWiki on OSX Server?

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.9.4
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.9.4

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com