Questions about MediWiki port

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Jul 31 14:30:23 PDT 2014

On Jul 31, 2014, at 12:25 PM, William H. Magill <magill at mac.com> wrote:

> 1- How does the MacPorts installation of MediaWiki integrate with OSX Server under Maverick -- OSX 10.9.4 and Server 3.1.2. (anybody tried it with Yosemite yet?)

The MacPorts MediaWiki port installs the MediaWiki files and some basic dependencies. The configuration is left to the MacPorts user.
If by  "integrate" you are looking for OpenDirectory integration have a look at this MediaWiki extension [1]

> 2- Does the MediaWiki port integrate with ImageMagick or GD?

These are MediaWiki configuration options you will need to do yourself [2].

To use the MacPorts ImageMagick convert command adding this to LocalSettings.php should do the trick.
$wgUseImageMagick = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/opt/local/bin/convert";

Note: presumes MacPorts default prefix.

> 3- The port listed in the portfiles web-page was version 1.17.0  last updated "7 months ago"
> The current version of MediaWiki (just released  7/30) is either 1.23.2 or 1.22.9  -- apparently the intervening releases were security releases.

Look at MacPorts Trac Reports [3] for an "Update" ticket and if none exist open a new "Update" ticket [4] following the Trac Ticket guide [5].

> Anybody else working with MediaWiki on OSX Server?

Not specifically OS X Server but I have installed MediaWiki many times over many different OS X versions. I have not used the MediaWiki LDAP extension to auth using OS X Servers OpenDirectory but I am about to try. You are welcome to email me privately if share our progress.

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installing_third-party_tools#ImageMagick
[3] https://trac.macports.org/report/16?max=100&PORT=mediawiki
[4] https://trac.macports.org/newticket