imapd access (UW) under 10.9

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:08:46 PDT 2014

On May 31, 2014, at 20:51, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Is there anything that must be set up differently on 10.9 compared to 10.6?

As a matter of fact, yes. Looking closer at system.log, I saw mention of missing PAM modules - and if even 1 (non crucial) module listed in /etc/pam.d/imap is missing, the authentication process is aborted. In my case it was pam_serialnumber.so .

So here's the imap PAM entry allowing secure connection to imapd at port 993:

{{{
# sshd: auth account password session
auth       optional       pam_mount.so
auth       required       pam_opendirectory.so
account    required       pam_nologin.so
account    required       pam_sacl.so sacl_service=ssh
account    required       pam_opendirectory.so
password   required       pam_opendirectory.so
session    required       pam_launchd.so
session    optional       pam_mount.so
}}}