Having trouble starting gnome-terminal on Mavericks

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Jun 3 06:57:13 PDT 2014

On 6/2/14 8:11 PM, jsg72 at mac.com wrote:
> Confirmed that the workaround works for me.  The one funny part is
> that the default colors tab has “Use colors from system theme”
> checked, which appears to be black on black - I need to uncheck that
> before I see anything.
>
> How do I fill out a ticket?  I’m new to macports.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

First, go to the MacPorts home page at https://www.macports.org.  Under
shortcuts you will see

   * Bug reporting Guidelines
   * Report a Bug

Please read the bug reporting guidelines before going to the bug
reporting page.  There you can use the Ticket Search menu item to check
if your bug has already been reported and, if not, just click on New
Ticket.  Be sure to put the port name in the Port field of the Create
New Ticket form and the full email address of the maintainer in the Cc
field to ensure a prompt response.  As reporter, you will be
automatically copied on all replies so no need to add yourself.

You can find the maintainer's email address using

$ port info --maintainer <portname>

Please add two tickets, one for the problem starting gnome-terminal and
one for the black on black issue on startup.

Thanks for your help

Dave