Error installing gnu cash with xquartz: "libcanberra must be installed with +x11"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 01:09:57 PDT 2014

On Wednesday June 04 2014 22:51:49 Jason Swails wrote:

> You can try rebuilding libcanberra with the +x11 variant and then try
> gnucash again.  This is the approach I've used in the past when I've gotten
> similar errors.

That could work, but only if gnucash's use of libcanberra functionality doesn't require it to provide a valid X11 context. It also might mean that XQuartz must be running to start gnucash, which may not be what the OP wants.

How complete is the OS X version of GTk anyway, nowadays? I've tried gnucash under X11 with the oxygen-gtk2 theme installed, and it worked just fine...

R.